Read Women Month is fast approaching and in just one week we'll be embarking on a whole month of celebrating women writers! (If you've never heard of Read Women Month then you can check out this year's announcement post right here.)
This year I've decided to do something a little different to previous years and make a #ReadWomenMonth Instagram challenge! I've explained each of the prompts a little bit below but really you can interpret all of them however you like and if there are some you don't fancy or only one or two that you do, that's fine too. Just so long as all the books you share are written by women you'll be in the spirit of the thing!
The Prompts1. TBR - Show me the books you plan to read for Read Women Month!
2. Fave female character - Who's your favourite female character in a book written by a woman?
3. Last read - What's the last book you read that was written by a woman?
4. Childhood fave - Your favourite book from your childhood, you guessed it, written by a woman.
5. Pink books - I'm going to stop adding 'written by a woman' now and just assume you've got the gist of this challenge. Show me some pink books!
6. Fave classic - Your favourite female penned classic.
7. Made you laugh - A book that made you laugh... most of these are quite self explanatory, aren't they?
8. Made you cry - I mean...
9. Fave female friendship - Your favourite fictional lady friends!
10. Underrated read - A book you don't think gets enough love.
11. Cover love - Show me the most beautiful book cover you can find.
12. Non-fiction - Recommend a non-fiction favourite.
13. Newest purchase - What was the last book you bought by a female author?
14. Current read - What book are you reading right now?
15. Pastel books - Show me some pastel books! I like colour prompts.
16. Shortest read - The shortest book you've got by a female author...
17. Longest read - And the longest.
18. Series - Show off your favourite series.
19. Bookish rainbow - Another colour one. Interpret this however you like!
20. Graphic/illustrated - Recommend a graphic novel or illustrated book.
21. Fave female villain - Who's your favourite lady bad guy?
22. Short stories - Got a short story/collection by a female writer you're particularly fond of? Today's the day to show it off!
23. Still thinking about - What's a book you read recently that you still can't stop thinking about?
24. Summer read - Recommend a book perfect for the summer months
25. Flowers - Interpret this however you want. A book with flowers on the cover? A flower made out of books? Books in your local garden centre? Whatever you choose.
26. Fave female author - Who is your all time favourite lady writer?
27. Around the world - Show me books by women from all around the globe!
28. Most excited to read - What's the next book by a woman on your TBR?
29. A book and a song - Is there a song or particular lyric that reminds you of a book? Bonus points if the song is also by a woman but this isn't Listen Women Month... mostly because that would be a terrible name.
30. Wrap up - Show me all the great books written by women that you read this month!
Let me know if you'll be taking part and remember to use #ReadWomenMonth on Instagram so I can find your posts!